Monday, August 30, 2010

Starting Over...

So today is August 30th. In the very recent past, I have been totally bummed out and discouraged because I had awful poison ivy, some kind of physical reaction to the medication, some kind of anxiety-related reaction to the steroids, I touched a snake on my porch, I didn't get picked for the Priase Team at church, I had to take another stupid CPA test that I didn't study enough for, I found out I didn't pass one of the other stupid CPA tests that I didn't study enough for, Annie has to get tubes in her ears, our house is still not sold, the grass and stupid hedges just keep growing (along with the poison), limbs keep falling in the yard, I missed the beach with my friends, I missed the lake with some other friends, and my doctor quit. I AM TIRED OF IT ALL!!!! Really, feel free to stop all this at any time and just fix it. (I am saying this to God because I know He can and there is very little I seem to be able to do about any of it.) So, today I am going to complain and rant and cuss and take out every frustration and anxiety on this poor keyboard. I am going to explain just how BAD it is and then it is going to be over and I am going to start over...but not yet!

So the poison ivy sucks. It is "gone" but I now have dry red patches all over my legs. It is really nice looking. Thankfully they don't itch...but this post is not about thankfulness. It is about whining, pure and simple. So when it comes to poison ivy, I also am now afraid of everything in the yard that doesn't look exactly like a blade of grass. That is pretty bad since I have to keep our 3 acre yard semi-decent looking. I used to pray that God would encourage the snakes and things to run to the edges while I mowed, raked, whatever and then they could come back. Now I just want to be wrapped in saran-wrap on a mower with 22s so I will be way off the ground. I am scared dad-gum-it!

And what the heck is that stupid snake doing on my porch. Go make yourself at home in the back yard and leave me the heck alone. What have I done to deserve this???

Then I am not mad, but my feelings were totally hurt when I didn't make the cut for the praise team. Cut me some slack people. Don't tell me that my voice isn't suited to the style, when you have much older more formal voices already up there. And I dare say, my voice is not "formal". Plus, that was really a big deal to me and I really wanted to be a part of the praise team and ya'll totally messed it up. It was going to be fun and I was going to make new friends and we were going to get a long together really well and sing once a month. Dude, why? Could ya build a girls' self-esteem even a smidge?

I am sick of these stupid CPA tests. Somebody please remind me not to go back to school or do anything else that requires studying and tests for at least 10 years. I am too old for this and Sylvan learning centers suck. They are gross and the people that work there are really annoying when you are already stressed out about taking these ridiculously expensive tests. At the moment, I would really like to chuck it all but who can afford that?

And can somebody please buy our stupid house? Seriously!!!! Maybe a nice homeschooling couple with 5 or 6 children who don't watch tv. There is plenty of room for a garden and a goat and a couple of chickens too.

So now that you know everything is stupid and just how sick and tired I am of all of this....it is time to start over.

My only goal is to write something positive tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment