Monday, January 24, 2011

It is a New Year

Even though we are almost a full month into the New Year, I want to document my 3 main goals for the year.

1. Finish passing the CPA Exam.
2. Lose 100 pounds.
3. Get rid of 1/4 of debt.

I have already drug out the CPA stuff way too long, so I am not even going to schedule my test date until I am "ready". Instead of my past method of scheduling and then aiming to be ready by that date. Hopefully, the new method will prove to be more successful. I have not been doing a good job so far of studying, so I MUST buckle down.

Second, I need to lose weight. According to the BMI charts I need to lose 100 pounds. I will be thrilled with 40-50 lbs but I am hoping that I will just keep losing. So in order to accomplish this, I am going to CrossFit Montgomery and following a modified Paleo diet. Daily I eat between 1100 and 1300 calories. I am about to "graduate" from the CrossFit Introduction classes so I think the intensity will be bumped up starting next week once I am in the real classes. I am nervous but it will be good.

Finally, I am trying to get rid of 1/4 of my debt. It is interesting to me how people think that I have no financial responsibilities as a single person who lives with my mother. It is true that I do not have a mortgage or utility bills, but I do have debt from what we will call the disaster from my youth. :-) Also known as owning a business. But I am trying not to beat myself up more than once every few hours over this...so I just keep telling myself that I have a plan and it will be over in 4 years. One month down, 47 more to go! I am also trying to become a trunk keeper for Matilda Jane and/or Swanky Baby Vintage so that I can earn some extra pennies to pay it down faster. We shall see!

So that is the plan! This year is going to be good. Especially with Annie and Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment